TR: The Triplets meet Wastach Pow

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Grizzly Adams

TR: The Triplets meet Wastach Pow

Post by Grizzly Adams »

I got really lucky this winter as my brother moved to Salt Lake. I decided it would be a good move to crash in his house and "test" homebuilts all winter at Alta. We're just now at the end of a really killer storm system that has left the Wasatch buried, but also under high avi danger. That said, the stuff they have been able to open / clear of slides has been delightful. My buddy also got a real nice camera this summer and has been shooting us when the time is right.

Just a little reminder of the skis getting "tested" here:
Length: 205cm
Dimensions: 150-130-144
Mini Rocker in the Tip, Twin Tail
Poplar, Oak, and Pine cores
I built a pair for my brother, a pair for a good friend, and a pair for myself and we all decided to bust them out simultaneously on a 2 foot day not too long ago. Enough talking...

Me sneaking around on the Golden Eagles

My bro shredding a nice fin on the Gnar Whales

Me cleaning up his leftovers

My bro knocking on the door to the white room

The REAL Golden Eagle makes an appearance... look at those golden bases.

Both of us slaying it together

Overall, I was majorly impressed by how these things performed. I've skied them twice since then and they continue to hold up, no signs of damage anywhere (except a few scratches). The long length gives you lots of tail to play around with when you're landing and the absurd overall area makes it real easy to scrub speed if you get into a tight spot. The only downside... Its a lot harder to get face shots (challenging but not impossible).
Next time I build this ski, I plan to make it a bit stiffer. I pressed the Gnar Whales first and found that 11mm underfoot made it way to soft for my taste, so I put a lot more glass in the Golden Eagles/Ullrangez as well as some oak in the cores. Just so my photog buddy isn't entirely left out...

Please PM me before using any of these photos as they belong to my photog buddy and I'd at least like to give him credit for his hard work behind the lens.

-Grizzly "permanent pow mustache" Adams
Its a good thing cold smoke doesn't give you cancer.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

sick

gnar
plywood

Post by plywood »

oh dear....
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
Skierguy

Post by Skierguy »

Great shots...

Be safe out there.
That was one of my more spectacular Da Dunt, Da Dunts� Aaron McGovern �Focused
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

The Golden Eagle with neon poles -- now that is style!!! Way to go. Nice photos and thanks for sharing!
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

thanks folks. The poles were an xmas present from my bro. Havent gotten much precip out here the past week, but it has given the snowpack a chance to stabilize a bit. Looking at a foot or so for friday, so I'm getting the Golden Eagles ready for another epic voyage.

HIZAHHH
Its a good thing cold smoke doesn't give you cancer.