3/31/09 alpy

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

doughboyshredder

3/31/09 alpy

Post by doughboyshredder »

not a real TR, but today was sick. Spotted some nice looking homebuilts, and said "hey, are those homebuilts?". Turned out it was nick's sticks. Good to meet you dude. I gotta say Nick was hauling ass on those swallow tails. After mobbing Schluct I kindof hit a deep drift and looked to my right to see Nick mobbing past above me. :D

Good day, and it was awesome to get some turns with another builder.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

:( I'm stuck in Kansas for work right now, missing all the good snow back home :( I am very jealous
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

stuck at work in everett and missing all the good snow. its even worse when you're so close!
Nick's Sticks

Post by Nick's Sticks »

Killer day. It was fun rippin a few lines with you. I hope you got more turns in before they closed the lifts. If this weather holds I'll be up there again on Tuesday. Cheers.
"Powder days? Everyone loves powder days. You can ski powder days the rest of your life. I prefer ice, its faster." -Glen Plake
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

we should have a little Western WA skibuilders meet at alpental before the season ends!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

KevyWevy wrote:we should have a little Western WA skibuilders meet at alpental before the season ends!
Yes, as long as it is AFTER I'm back from wichita. We might get snow down here middle of next week? Tomorrow its supposed to be like 70 though...
doughboyshredder

4 out of the last 6 days and I am worked. So good though.

Some serious storm riding and then today to top it off. Now sitting at a 209" base. Rollen cliffs are almost filled in!

How about Saturday the 18th for a skibuilders session? Snag a section of lot 4 for bbq action.
Nick's Sticks

Post by Nick's Sticks »

I am going to be at alpy on Tuesday. If spring is really here I'll be rockin my bumps skis. The 18th is Hops and Props so I cant make it but I would be game for any other day.
"Powder days? Everyone loves powder days. You can ski powder days the rest of your life. I prefer ice, its faster." -Glen Plake
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

i might have to go check out hops and props this year... mostly for the hops... mmmm hops....

i just layed up a ski... i think its time for an IPA!
doughboyshredder

hmm hops.............

19th?
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

19th works for me, I'm gonna try my hardest to get home before then.

It was 77 deg here in Wichita Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning it was snowing. This place sucks.
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

ok, so the 19th it is!
should we make a new thread to make sure more people will see it?
kelvin
Site Admin

Post by kelvin »

This is a great idea! :D
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this weekend. :(

If you guys do get together, let me know and I can donate some skibuilder's swag.

-kelvin