Angry Snowboarder tested my board :)

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

why is this blank? i duno, try this link:

http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/?p=8171
Doug
EricW

Post by EricW »

Nice!
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

good stuff.
Angry ice coast sloboarder.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

here's some more, actual "east coast snowboarding", stalling out a bench @ the Bradley Beach boardwalk on the NJ coast. This is the real Jersey Shore lol.

This board is a 150 twin park board, 150 version of what Angry reviewed, been my personal board and a demo for 18 days, no signs of letting up. Blak Sheep Secret Sidewall Sauce is holding up better than any poly, acrylic, laquer, or other oils has. Been slashing turns, even POW, bashing rails, all kinds of stuff, holds up as good as any factory plastic sidewall board.

Doug
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

uh, a fellow contraband rider :)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

I actually like the contrabands alot. gotta mess with them a bit to get them set up, and any time you want to change stance is an absolute nightmare, but they feel very comfortable and the wedgie footbeds feel like they are actually shaped to my feet, and i have more toe edge power, can drive with my toes/ankles more than shinboarding with other bindings
Doug
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

been drooling over contrabands for a couple years. I have too many sets of usable binders to justify buying a new pair though. Maybe next year.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

I have an OLD (6yo) pair of flow carbon fiber...I so love them so much for way fast bowls, cornice drops and groomers. They don't make 'em anymore (
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

The quick strapin ith contrabands is great but its the footbeds that really make this binding good.... get any ride binder that has wedgie footbeds
Doug
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Nice article! I'm glad to see an American made product on the market with great reviews. Keep up the great work.

One thing I've noticed is indie/micro/DIY ski and board builders like micro/indie beers. Now if we could get all the micro/indie beer drinkers to be ski/riders there'd be enough market share for all the builders. ;)

(Adios China!)