Best snowboard I have ever rode

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

COsurfer

Best snowboard I have ever rode

Post by COsurfer »

I think I finally nailed the board I have been looking for. I have to give thanks to Doughboy for pointing me in the direction of a early rise tip/tail with standard camber between the bindings. Hands down the best board I have ever rode! I guess the 2 feet stash of powder I found today didnt hurt but this board rode like a champ. I am super stoked! It grabbed tight on turns in any condition, it had a ton of pop(I added 2 carbon strips and some carbon under the bidings). It floated from powder to crust with ease. The control I had on the board was awesome!
a little spray paint to the tip and looks as good as new!
Last edited by COsurfer on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

:D

rockered tip and tail camber underfoot is the best design there is. rocker underfoot is stupid imo.

Glad you're stoked on your board.

Honestly I think you and I are the only snowboard builders in the country right now that are doing this with the "flat rocker". I love the flat rocker because you still get pop, that you don't get from the radius rocker.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

nice. How did the all CF triax board fair?
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

The all triax CF board is super light, very poppy and flexible . I built the core super thin so that contributed to the flex. It definately has a different, flexy feel when riding. I didnt find it too noodley however I have only tested it on P/PP conditions. I am curious as to how it handles on scraped or icey conditions. I think this design will probably end up being my pipe/park board. I think it could also work well as a back country powder board. Right now it is my second favorite board that I have built.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

Awesome work on the board! My next gen of skis will probably also have camber/rocker like your board. Stoked that you got to ride in 2' of snow!
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

Thanks Jekul! Keystone had some great snow yesterday. It took me 2 fricken hours to get there but it was well worth it. I found a run (cat dancer) that seemed to have just opened. I rode it for 3 hours before it wiped me out. Today I am feeling it!
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Dude, you have every right to be super stocked :D Nice fix btw.