testride, babe!

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Are those bubbles or did the pieces tear out with the base material? Looks like sharp irregular edges?
ra
plywood

Post by plywood »

i can`t tell for sure about the bubbles. so i`ll pay a little closer attention to the bubbles the next time my base gets ripped of ;)

luckiliy at the moment there is so much snow i don`t have to worry too much about rocks and such stuff. as i took my camera with me it`s time for some eyecandy:

those were the conditions we had about 2 weeks ago, 50cm of fresh light stuff

looks good ey? nothing, compared to this weekend which was just...beyond everything else. we had heavy snowfalls from thursday til saturday. so i started skiing on friday with about 60cm of the lightest snow i`ve ever skied. and it was still snowing. so saturday wasn`t bad either ;)
on friday i skied with 2 mates, one on tellies, one alpine, both with skis around 130mm in the tip. they had a hard time dealing with all the snow and basically could just ski straight. when the tellie-guy did teleturns he dived nearly under the snowsurface, you couldn`t see him anymore. there was just a white cloud :D:D:D
as i was pretty busy skiing i had no time to take pictures from friday or saturday, but on sunday the weather cleared up and the snow settled a little:

yes, it was still about waist-deep.
my gf is still skiing the evil twins and i`m still lucky with the attilas. their nearly flat tip made them really really fast in such conditions because there are no high tips that stow the snow - the slow tips just cut through it.
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

hell yea! get after it chief!!
Its a good thing cold smoke doesn't give you cancer.
sammer

Post by sammer »

OK I'm jealous we haven't seen snow like that since last year!!
Glad to see someone is getting to rock the pow.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
pentagram

Post by pentagram »

would be cool if everyone whom made there own ride would post pics of them ripping, great powder turn shots, been in summer this sure is good eye candey..thanks.
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

alright!

plywood

Post by plywood »

grizzly, admit it! you sat on your skis on this picture! ;)

anyway, again some pretty sweet days, some more snow and freaking huge avalanches (luckily not triggered by anyone but blown up by snow patrolers in helicopters.)

i don`t like whiteouts, but here the sun came right through the foggy coulds.

and of course an actionshot. one of the very rare bluebird powderdays this season. but who needs bluebird if there is powder anyway?!
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Not a bright sunny day, but inside the feeling was!
plywood

Post by plywood »

hey rockaukum!
after 2 days of bluebird i have to admit: i prefer those stormy snowy days like on your picture.
of course the weather is nice on bluebird days, so great conditions to shoot some pictures with all this light and contrasts...but...the snow is just not as light and fluffy. or maybe it`s just because my homeresort isn`t that high up above sea level so it gets warmer pretty quick. saturday felt like late spring :?

as inbounds everything was tracked we went for a "short" hike. this knee-deep windblown stuff was a pain in the ass to get through, and guess who had the pleasure to be first?!

sadly the whole mountain was packed with windblown, pressed snow that turned into real ugly crud in the lowest section. it was kinda ok to ride, but...maybe i`m just spoiled regarding the conditions we had in the past ;)

this line is really cool. with skins maybe 30min hike from the liftline = access to 400 vertical meters of untracked stuff at a decent cruising steepness. second option: add 15min hike, get access to 650 of vertical. sweeet!

my friend skied the gunnar with rental bindings. a freaking heavy combo, but he`s stoked anyway as he never skied fat rockered boards before haha ;)

rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Ply,
Don't forget that the crowd is gone and on those great days your tracks are gone also (by the next lap!). Either way, life is good!
ra
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

amen RA, storm days are as good as it gets!

plywood wrote:grizzly, admit it! you sat on your skis on this picture! ;)
untrue, good sir. Thats my bro landing a funky corked jump. That wasatch pow fever will do funky things to ya.
plywood

Post by plywood »

well then, excuse me, captain!

and now take this!
some storms hit my resort which was pretty funny. and pretty dded scary as the avalanches were really angry due to the wind and some weak layers underneath. one day was...let`s say...pretty evil. you had a hard time doing 3 turns in a row without triggering a small slab, even in areas where there are NEVER avalanches because it`s so not steep. anyway, those stormy days offered pretty solid powderskiing :D

last friday: fun in the trees with 2 friends

today: back in the woods again, this time with my girl:

plywood

Post by plywood »

i know, it`s getting boring ;)
those powder shoots start looking all the same. but this season is by far the best...ever? i just had 3 days of ripping pow from 8:30am to 4:30pm, 3 days with about 13`000 vertical meters each day. we nearly had the resort for ourself so we were really busy doing first tracks the whole day ;) it was simply mindblowing. heliskiing couldn`t have been any better :)

Josh

Post by Josh »

wow...

I wish we got snow like that in the Uk, the 3" this week wasn't quite enough.
Josh
West Midlands, Uk
baumannuli

Post by baumannuli »

plywood wrote:dear fellow skibuilders.

you can`t imagine how much i worked my balls off - just to get you a short video of me riding.
first of all i was alone out there - so i had to film myself which is kind of time consuming and difficult to do.
secondly i had a new video-editing programm - so i needed a bit time to get used to it.

but finally i managed to cut a short movie. and well...the movies is finished...but of course there`s a rub in it! i`m trying to upload this shit for 2days and nearly checked out every possability - without success.... but i hope i finally manage to do it somehow!

EDIT:
dear lord! finally it`s done! my video is online! three cheers to googlevideo.
well, what do i have to say...i did everything, filming, riding and editing. especially filming when riding is a bit difficult and there are not so many possible perspectives...but i hope you hold out the whole 3:36min without getting bored.

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid= ... 4433&hl=de
unglolblick :D
ski the east