Almost there..

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

RoboGeek

Almost there..

Post by RoboGeek »

Unfortunately no homebuilt skis yet.. but I'm wearing my boots while playing halo. Its 50f out and I'm in ski pants and jacket - just to make sure its all ok..

Anybody else going crazy waiting the last few weeks??
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
plywood

Re: Almost there..

Post by plywood »

me too, me too! actually i`m not playing halo - i`m still building skis :D

you can already smell the snow. up to now we had about 3 times snow down to 500m over sea, which is kind of uncommon. but sadly the weather got warmer again, so now we have again 10°. but soooon.... :D:D:D
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Same for CALI, Snow the sun. Yesterday it was 80*F at my place! SOON.
Please!
rockaukum
allyson

Post by allyson »

finally the weather broke over here--just a couple weeks ago we were still in the 80's too! now at night, it gets down in the 30's. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for some snow soon...
plywood

Post by plywood »

blast, it IS here ;)
next weekend my homeresort is going to open. i can`t believe it, this freaking weather is just out of control.... i mean, last season we barely had any snow. this season: it`s not even december and it snowed nearly 4 days in a row. in some places they received 1,20m of the fresh stuff.... and there is no end in sight!
it`s gonna snow for the next 2 days at least. my homeresort has about 60cm of new snow up to now... just so sweet!
the only bad thing: i`m waiting for the edges and it`s going to take at least 2 weeks until i finished my new boards. actually i`ve got a version of my new shape mounted with freerides...but i`m afraid they don`t hold very long. but if there is really that much snow laying around there is no other way of doing it, i`ll have to shred those things :D you can`t believe how excited i am! :D:D:D:D:D:D
hafte

Post by hafte »

This is the third time our mountain has smiled at us this year. Its a bit weak this time and probably won't last :(

Squint to see Ben Lomond smile at you. :D :D

It sure is starting slow here this year.

Hafte
plywood

Post by plywood »

it`s just absolutely totally insane what`s happening this year.
we got snowheights NEVER EVER measured before in november. my homeresort has 60cm at the bottom and 150cm on top (1850m over sea). this is more than we had through the whole last season!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D unbelievable. there is finally justice ;)
davide

Post by davide »

plywood wrote:it`s just absolutely totally insane what`s happening this year.
we got snowheights NEVER EVER measured before in november. my homeresort has 60cm at the bottom and 150cm on top (1850m over sea). this is more than we had through the whole last season!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D unbelievable. there is finally justice ;)

In Glarus they got even more.
Better to take the winter off...