facemask

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

plywood

facemask

Post by plywood »

so it`s quite popular over here for newskool parkkiddies to ski dressed like gangsters - most important soft good on such a look: the basketball tshirt (has to be XXXL so that you still can see the shirt hanging down under the XXL skiing jacket ;) ) anyway. second most important item is the facemask. bandanas or stuff like that work really well and there are also some brands which produce specially "designed" masks.

i still had some cloth leftover from the number 2 ski, enough for an additional pair which will be pressed soon, and even more for some facemasks. looks awesome, same design on the skis as on the mask. and the best part: mine are fully reversible ;)

plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

nice. the second one (black) almost looked like underwear ;)
davide

Post by davide »

David, how do you say "racaille" in Züridüütsch?
plywood

Post by plywood »

racaille? in which context??? so far no idea ;)
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

btw, nice sewing. seriously though, it looks good. i do a bit of sewing too. here's what i was thinking about the extra cloth from my skis: matching ski pants. i'm making a pair of special skis for a friend and i've decided to make a pair of pants to go with the skis. i told my friend that he had to wear the pants on the first day he tried out the skis. since the cloth is not water proof or resistant, i'll have to spray-coat it something. i'll show a picture when i finish the skis and pants! :D
plywood

Post by plywood »

you know, my mother teaches needlework at primary school, so i have a hereditary handicap ;)
nice idea with the pants! my leftovers are not that big, that`s why i came up with the idea of the facemasks. but now that you mentioned it....maybe it lasts for a t-shirt!
if it`s cotton it could be difficult to seal it. unless its woven really tight. maybe you could laminate it with epoxy? stiff pants, ey!? :D seriously, there is a liquid you can mix with epoxy, some sort of flexibilizator. maybe this would work.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I really like the sewing idea... I have been sewing buttondown (dress) shirts for several years because I am too tall and lanky to find clothes that fit.

So, I may have to try the matching skis, pants, and shirt idea. :)