New England Ski Builders convention

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

teleman36

New England Ski Builders convention

Post by teleman36 »

It seems we have quite a few builders here in New England, some very active, some just getting rolling ,and a few more getting more and more interested every day. I have mentioned the possibility of getting together to a few of you already in various Pm's, so now it seems time to get off my ass and see what we can come up with. The great response to the Whistler gettogether prompted me to set things in motion. I patrol at Mt. Wachusett, which is near to my house and shop. This is not the biggest area, but I know the owners, and they offered a conference suite in the lodge for free. These are great rooms,and can be setup with food and drink. We would just have to buy lift tickets. I may even be able to offer 4 free passes depending on the day to anyone who feels this would help them attend. Depending on the snow conditions there is some really great lift served woods skiing that I would be happy to show all. So, this is the starting point. Please lets here some off your thoughts. I am sort of thinking mid-January. Perhaps even a shop tour, as Boston is only an hour away,and I think there are three builders in that area, and my shop is just 20 min. away. This getogether is certainly not limited to New England builders so anyone worldwide feel free to chat up any ideas you might have.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

let me know exactly when. i may be able to attend, and bring a few things like t-shirts, stickers, etc. kam, kelvin, and i will be glad to help.
NVirus

Post by NVirus »

I will be in the new england area until june 2008, so if its before than let me know...
vinman

Post by vinman »

I'm in N. VT although I have not built anything yet....But I might be interested in meeting up. We've got the snow right now and more on the way.....
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

I'm up for it. Just say when.

B.

P.S. Finally got out on my first pair - very pleased - super damp no speed limit but too stiff for the trees.
bostonski

Post by bostonski »

I'de be interested in meeting up with some of you guys. Haven't pressed any skis yet though. I will be building a press come January.

Let me know if you get anything together.