Subaru Outback problems.....HELP!!!!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

sammer

Post by sammer »

well i have just one question before i can put much thought into this.
Is the scubydo manual or auto trans?
There is a huge difference how the two handle awd functions.
Manual has just a simple viscous coupler.
The auto (4sp and 5 sp.) have quite a complicated drive system where power is split 54% to the rear, 46% to the front,
using a planetary gear system and a hydraulically operated multi-plate clutch for torque application and differential action to the front and rear.
The hydraulic system is controlled by the transmission control module using various inputs (TPS, wheel speed sensors etc.)
I'd take it to your dealer, be very detailed about your concern.
I just checked and there are no technical service bulletins related to this concern.
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
telehead

Post by telehead »

Its a auto trans. The dealer does'nt seem to want to hear it might be the car, or Subaru's problem. They seem to think I drive to fast, ot need new tires. The funny thing is it has new tires, and i am the slowest car on the road because i am afraid of going more than 25mph for fear i might end up off the road. You know it's bad when i am doing 25mph and get passed by a Ford f-350 pulling a three axle snowmobile trailer doing 50+. I think the Suby has to go!!!!
sammer

Post by sammer »

On reading some other peoples problems with this car, it's obvious there is a problem.
There was a tsb regarding rear tire wear due to an alignment issue.
If your car is still under warranty it should be performed free of charge.
They may tell you your tires aren't wearing abnormally but if they are new they can't prove it and should check the rear alignment.
I've seen lots of new cars that needed alignments straight off the boat.
let me know and I'll keep wrapping my head around this one.
sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

sounds scary. that's why i avoid auto tranny's at all costs.

is it legacy outback or impreza outback sport? just curious.

sell it get a legacy 2.5gtspecB with MANUAL ;).

only problem, how would you even sell it with such awd problems?
i'm thinking something broke in your transfer case or somewhere in the awd system.

anyway good luck. this thread doesnt make me feel so well because i just bought an 04 WRX wagon!! so i must be going ;).
sammer

Post by sammer »

telehead its a month later any resolution to your car issues?
call me curious.
sam

telehead

Post by telehead »

Hey, Found a guy in Montana that says he has fixed alot of them with his own specs. on camber, and toe. He sent me the specs, had it aligned, and we have no snow or slick roads. Not only does it suck that we can't test the car, but ski season is coming to an end. Thanks for your input....KT