moving to Reno, NV!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bigKam
Site Admin

moving to Reno, NV!

Post by bigKam »

Hi Everyone:

I'm excited to announce that I'm moving to Reno, NV, permanently this summer. I remember endre saying once (while showing a nice photo of his new house) that happiness involves two things: living in a place that allows you to thrive and doing things that you love. Well, Reno qualifies as such a place and I'm extremely happy to live there.

In the near future, we're going to start up a SkiBuilders store in Reno for the locals. I'm really excited to meet builders, share ideas, and of course, ski! I have not ventured into the Sierra range and I'm really looking forward to exploring the area.

If you are near the Reno area, say hello!
endre

Post by endre »

Welcome to the happyclub!
Seems like Reno is full of small skifactories. I'l definately drop by your future shop sometime.
Idris

Post by Idris »

I will be back in Reno this autumn (fall). I will be back at PMGear. At least for a while.

It's great and a little annoying at times always being able to see a ski area (Rose) from town. The true summit of Mount Rose dominates the skyline and some summers holds a snowpatch all summer.

There are always a few places within an hour and a half drive that have summer snow patches big enough for a few turns.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Sounds like good times ahead!

G-man
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

been looking through J. Moynier's book on the High Sierras and wow!! lots of multi-day routes through the high country. i have my eyes on a few tours for next season. can't wait.
Dr. Delam

Welcome to the Sierras

Post by Dr. Delam »

You'll love it here. This is the best year round place I have found. A local ski builders store sounds perfect too!
Three31

Post by Three31 »

Thats exciting, are you going to be working at UNR?
Brian
dbtahoe

Post by dbtahoe »

The Godfather's coming to Reno? If you throw a bbq, I'll bring the beer and brats!

The local community college (TMCC) tried to support a ski building class two springs ago. Tremendous turnout but the teacher was a complete bonehead and it destroyed what could have been a great program. It's too bad.

A STORE? You just blew my mind.

RENO - Legal gaming, Lake Tahoe, the Awful Awful Burger, Chuckar Hunting, Burning Man, and so much more.

Welcome.
telehead

Post by telehead »

Yo DB, when are you going to make some skis. That press is ready to go, and i have all the bugs worked out. Lets go ya slacker!!! Love ya...KT ;)
dbtahoe

Post by dbtahoe »

Telehead? Wow! Figured you'd be out motorcross racin'. That's my goal for this summer. Get some cores made before falls sets in and then show you how it's done. I guess I better stop trash talking ya now that you're cruising the board.

P.S. Don't waste all the epoxy on those tele things.