skibuilders.com is just GREAT!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skibuilders.com : if i could.....

i`d elect skibuilders for president
55%
i`d marry skibuilders.com
27%
i`d worship the great lord of the skibuilders and all his disciples!
18%

Total votes: 11

plywood

skibuilders.com is just GREAT!

Post by plywood »

today was one of these days that made me pretty happy. and it was one of those days that showed me how great this skibuilding thing is.

here`s the story: tom (idris) sent me a PN some time ago because he had a planer to sell. the problem was: how did this planer get from chamonix to my home? luckily martin (MartinJern) agreed on make a circuit of maybe 2h on his drive home to sweden to ship this planer.

this is what i like about skibuilders.com-community and what makes it so unique. there is a bunch of people out there who share a passion and help each other out, even if they barely know each other. this is the core of skibuilders, a network of nice people all around the globe, those special kind of just-a-bit-different-than-the-average skiers.

i think there are a lot of stories similar to this one. i experienced a few more: for example as davide did a stopover on his way to davos to share his knowledge and give me some advice. he also organised me some material. or dan who helped me out with some edges. or the material i sent to alexis. and finally the countless advice i got in this forum.

this all wouldn`t have happened if the kam`s and kelvin wouldn`t have put up this site, so once again they get a big thank you for their work. i think what you`ve created had an impact on all of our lives in some kind of way.

i don`t know if this message is really worth a new post...but to hell with it. i love you all and i`m happy to be part of this community with its infinit wisdom ;)
oh well, maybe someone else has a similar story to tell, so we could collect all those tales of generosity and friendship and admire ourself as a great community :D
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

i selected the president option, but i'm biased, of course ;)
sammer

Post by sammer »

Had to go president as prime minister wasn't an option.
got to be better than the candidates you have down there anyway.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

There was no mistress option so I just hope the wife doesn't find out
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.