4th of July Skiing

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Grizzly Adams

4th of July Skiing

Post by Grizzly Adams »

It looks like Snowbasin is lighting up the gondola and throwing a little Independence Day shindig up in the Middle Bowl Cirque. I presume better snow could be found elsewhere, but its doubtful you'd be able to find a better atmosphere. More info here.

I'm gonna be down to move my bro into Salt Lake so if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up, drop me a PM.
Its a good thing cold smoke doesn't give you cancer.
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

cant do.. but happy 4th!!! And those of you who are skiing - you suck.. lol j/k
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Wasn't as much snow left around as little cottonwood, but got some skiing in and enjoyed some live music. My bro and I got on the ch2 evening news to boot!
hafte

Post by hafte »

Grizzly Adams, sorry we missed you. We made a couple of runs. One on the course and another from the top of the ridge. I did get your message, but not until we got down. I left the phone in the car. :oops:

All in all we had a good time. Did you hear your time? I came down in the first 25 or so racers and they weren't calling out the times at that point.

Hafte
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

no worries,

my bro and I got a bit of a late start so it was partly my fault for missing you guys. We ended up running close to last and on the second run, i went for figure 11s and sprayed the announcers... which inadvertently shut off the PA system. I think my first run was somewhere close to 20 seconds. My second run was likely sub 10, but I didnt make it around ne gates, lol.
hope u get a few more turns in before all the snow melts out!