anyone from Germany?

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

anyone from Germany?

Post by knightsofnii »

I'm heading to Germany in November, for 30-45days for work, with weekends off :). Any builders out there that want to make some turns? Will there be snow even? Where to go?
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

erm, I know Germany's not a small place.
I dont know exactly where in Germany I'm going yet as plans have not been finalized.
Doug
pentagram

Post by pentagram »

Hello Doug,
Hey you should enjoy yourself out there...
I'm a new zealander but have spent some time out that way having a german lady, going to be out there by christmas for some shredding so a little late for your trip but I'll tell you what I know.
Zugspitze which is germanys tallest mountain will be open by that time.
It is in the town Garmish-Partenkirchen which is really close to the austrian border.There is a big recreation center there for american forces so you might be in for some good accomadation, have a look at www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com
You can also check out hintertux glacier which is an hour and a half drive away in the zillertall valley...really good glacier riding with a 3000m plus summit..any info I can help you out with pm me...cheers
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

thanks!! :)
Doug
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

Hey knight

germany is very big and you will find snow in december... but in the end of november you can find snow in austria, but it depends where you go work:)

maybe ill go to germany in november to...
dg

Post by dg »

Doug - Switzerland isn't far away - come check out our secret alpine workshop !

Dan (graf)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

yes sir!!! If i get out there I most definitely will!!!
we should get drunk and build a board hahahaha, and see if we can make something rideable and not get injured ;).
Doug