Some noob quiestions :) From a norwegian

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Norwegianskier

Some noob quiestions :) From a norwegian

Post by Norwegianskier »

Hi

I have never buildt my own skis, but now is the time :) Have buldt my own longboards(skate), and this cant be that much more harder.

How big/strong air compressor do I need? And, when I have pumped up det bladder, does the compresser need to countinue running?

And excuse my foul english :)[/u]
endre

Post by endre »

Welcome to skibuilders.

You need a compressor with pressure range up to..say 4 bar. I seriously doubt you can find a compressor that you can't press skis with. If your bladder is completely airproof you will not need a tank on it either, the compressor will only run once to reach the wanted pressure, then stop. If it leaks it will refill when needed.

good luck
endre

Post by endre »

Actually the compressor don't need a tank at all, the hose will work as a pressure tank.
Norwegianskier

Post by Norwegianskier »

And one more thing.

I'm having a hard time finding valves to put in my hose. Where can I get it? No problem ordering from U.S or other countries.

Or if someone can show me what kind of valve I need.

One more: The Binding inserts, are they threaded ? (is it called threaded?)
Do anyone know what I mean. Do you use glue etc when mounting a binding in the inserts? Or is it possible to mount and demount a binding as many times as you like?

Hope anyone understand what I mean :)
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

On the inserts. Once they are in the skis (after production) I have mounted and remounted several skis with the same bindings wiht out any problems. On one snowboard I will be using some loc-tite as the screws come loose after a few runs.
On the valve for the hose, I use a "schrader valve". It is the valve used in a vehicles rim, in order to inflate the tires. Should be able to get them at about any auto store and should be cheap (about a dollar here).
Check ou this link:
http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ader+valve
rockaukum