Movie time!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rockaukum

Movie time!

Post by rockaukum »

Taking all the boys and a few other to Sac for the Warren Miller show on Saturday (6:00 showing).
Any others going?
getting ready mentally for the ski season!
ra
allyson

Post by allyson »

sweet! we're probably going to go see it in reno on the 22nd of this month. nothing gets you pumped for the season like watching a bunch of crazy dudes huck and shred the pow. :) how was it?
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Great show. Been a while since I've been to a WM film. Was at the Crest theater with those big screens. Free llift ticket to Heavenly incleded too.
I won't say too much about it because you will be going. Lots of those big powder days and people with those big floater skis (boards too). Only one reference to tele in the whole film. See if you can find it!
Tahoe opening soon???
ra
Nick's Sticks

Post by Nick's Sticks »

Under The Tnfluence(TGR) is showing in Seattle at Neumos this friday (11/14) 8pm. Everyone is doing it.
"Powder days? Everyone loves powder days. You can ski powder days the rest of your life. I prefer ice, its faster." -Glen Plake
allyson

Post by allyson »

ra: nice, you get a free heavenly ticket for showing up? that's awesome. i'll listen for that tele reference. :) as for tahoe, mt. rose it opening up this weekend, and i believe most of the others will be up and running around the 22nd or so...i can't wait!
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I'll be purchasing a pass for Sierra at Tahoe this week. Soo looking forward to getting up there. My son headed for Boreal today with his friends. Haven't spoken with him yet but the boss says he is quite sore and had a great time. "He is much like you" said the boss... I coludn't bring myself to ask if this is a good thing or not?
ra