NW Locals...

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Damon

NW Locals...

Post by Damon »

PSA: Joes (AKA GI JOES) is potentially going under. There are plenty of things to be had in the shop - jigs, bits, grindrites...
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

whoa... you mean only the Bham one?! I can't imagine all of them going under...
Damon

Post by Damon »

Potentially all of them. They filed ch. 11 - they're attempting to restructure, but I doubt that will happen.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/b ... es050.html
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

i wonder how much a stone grinder would be hahahahahaha
Damon

Post by Damon »

The new stores (Bellevue, Kirkland, B'ham) have SUPER nice grindrites - I'm sure they'd be a pretty penny. But some of the old stores have just a stone, which would definately be nice. Might be tough ordering emulsion and new stones though.

Here's the nice one... http://www.wintersteiger.com/E/sp_conte ... a_sbi.html
Damon

Post by Damon »

Well it's official, they're outta here.

I'm trying to pick up some jigs, we'll see how it goes.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I'm going to stop by the Kirkland one and see if I can talk to anybody. All I want is a look binding mounting jig, I'm tired of using packing tape and trying to line it up perfectly centered.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I got my name down for a look/rossi jig at the kirkland one, but they said most of the stuff will likely have dibs by local shops, but we'll see.
Damon

Post by Damon »

My friend in the shop says he hasn't heard anything regarding shop equipment yet. I've got my name on the rossi/solly/marker wide jigs. Hopefully I'll know more by the end of the week.

Also I couldn't see other shops picking up equipment, unless they don't have a tuning shop yet. Might be tough for small shops to come up with the cash too.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

yeah the guy I talked to said they wouldn't start liquidating that kind of stuff for another month or two (first they have to sell the merchandise, then all the shelving, etc, then stuff like the shop stuff).
Damon

Post by Damon »

Just heard from my friend about this. They're treating shop equipment like the shelving (makes sense), so it will be the last to go, good call Sean.

But it sounds like the pricier stuff is will be sold via silent auction. Hopefully the jigs aren't included with that.
camhard

Post by camhard »

Do you know any more information about the silent auction? Not like I'll be able to afford anything, but it'd be interesting to see what things are going for.
Damon

Post by Damon »

Not entirely sure. Info isn't passed around there too well. I do know a local shop put in a lowball bid on the grindrite, something like 10%, roughly 2.5k.
camhard

Post by camhard »

Cool thanks. I'll try and find out some more. If you hear anything, it would be great if you posted it. It's probably going to be pretty hard to get any jigs, considering I have as of yet not even talked to them, but I'd like to get some, and maybe, if by some miracle I have a few grand kicking around, I could pick up a grinder, which would be sick. was that 2.5 g for the nice stone/belt one with a computer control panel?
Damon

Post by Damon »

So everything is for sale now. They close in 10 days.

Marker jigs - $110
Salomon jigs - $100
Rossignol jigs - $70
(who is the idiot that came up with those prices....)

grindrites were sold back to winterstieger to be refurbished and resold.

Various mounting odds and ends... mounting "table", vermont ski tester (for a RIDICULOUS PRICE of 1,150!)... etc.