Everyone's backgrounds

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

heelside76

new on site

Post by heelside76 »

Hey guys,

Just started out on the site. My dad and I built his first pair of skiis and now we are starting to work on my snowboard. I've been snowboarding for about five years now and jsut started to get really into the park/pipe. My local mountain is Sierra-at-Tahoe 8). Its a pretty sweat place.

Anyway just wanted to say I'm hear and I would like to hear from some of the snowboarders on this site if they've got any advice for me on the building of my snowboard or any trick tips.

Thanks a lot!
Next Project~162 Race Board
Brodi TofuGnar

Post by Brodi TofuGnar »

Well I feel I have taken the path of least money in this group of mad (home) scientists.

Originally from Conifer Colorado, my career of sliding on snow started at the ripe age of 2. After chasing sticks from 8-14 I saw the 94 Albertville Olympic and freestyle was an exhabition sport, so I stopped wearing spandex and grew my hair out long and went crazy. I skied freestyle for Team Breck for 5 years and after two knee surgerys and a couple shoulder dislocations I quite Alpine all together and have been on Tele ever since (actually learned from my hippie mom in 88' but only did it every once in a while).

Having spent season after season moving from mountain to mountain in colorado I moved to Montana were in one storm they recieved a 104". Two seasons and a bit of time working at a wilderness drug treatment center in Montana had me craving bigger lines and better behaved clientele so I moved to Alaska.

I currently work at the local mountaineering shop and in the spring and summer I guide on Denali and on remote fly-in whitewater rivers of Alaska taking rich engineers and doctors and business men up the snow and down the water.
I have a degree in Outdoor Leadership from Colorado Mountain College and a BA in Outdoor Education from Alaska Pacific University.

Like many of you I love the challenge of solving problems, making something better and using something I made of my own hands and mind. That is what led me to this wonderful site. I have thouroughly enjoyed reading youre posts and learning from youre trials and errors. So now like Plywood, I am after creating the perfect Alaskan style powder board for the ripping telemark skier.

PS Alaska is having a great year so if youre in need of a spring vacation come on up. Thompson Pass will blow youre mind!
G-man

Post by G-man »

Brodi TofuGnar,

Interesting bio. Living in Alaska, do you have to make your own tofu? :) Glad you're joining in on the forum.

G-man
Brodi TofuGnar

Post by Brodi TofuGnar »

Actually I eat tons of meat, Alaska is never short on tasty animals like moose, caribou, sheep and musk ox. Oh yeah and the occasional spruce grouse. The Tofu part of the Tofugnar = Totally !@#^ING Gnarly.

See you have you're everyday common GNAR
then you have youre occasional TOGNAR = Totally Gnarly
and on very rare occasions you have TOFUGNAR = Totally !@#$ing Gnar
G-man

Post by G-man »

Did I just give away how totally out of touch I am?... again.

G-man