Everyone's backgrounds

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

broskier

Post by broskier »

We are in the process of pressing up some test sections with a redesign of the edge profile underfoot, pics should be up in the upcoming weeks. As for the honeycomb, we plan to incorporate that into the tips and tails of the skis to reduce the swingweight, for the wet lay process we were thinking of covering it with some aluminum foil so that the cavities don't fill with the matrix. Experimentation is still to come. As for the U, ya it's good school, good academcs with hand on applications and all and the best skiing, a bit of a funky culture though. I'll let you guys know when the skis are done.

cheers
RoRy
Seymour Skinner

Post by Seymour Skinner »

This site is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thanks a lot for the great information.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

Welcome Seymour! thanks for the wonderful compliment. please let us know of improvement ideas for the site. and if you build a pair of boards, please send us pics and we'll be glad to show off your work.
revolutionski

Post by revolutionski »

Hey guys.

Awsome site & your skis look mean.

Check out www.revolutionski.co.uk my profile is on there.

Just about to leave my office job to go ski all year round. I am from Scotland originally but the plan is to spend six months in NZ & six months in the US teaching.

Keep up the good work.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

revolutionski: welcome!!

nice website and thanks for the heads-up! also, thanks for linking us on your site. to return the favor, we'll set up a "user's link" page and add you to it. (the same applies to others who are interested).

have fun skiing year round. i've been doing it for the fast three-years (skiing at least once a month). i'm a regular on the site: http://www.turns-all-year.com and my user name is simply "kam".

when you come to the states, drop us a line. maybe one of us is close to you and we'll be glad to go make some turns.

cheers

Post by Guest »

Madriverglen wrote:dank
...hey, just a question i'm looking all over the post to find interesting stuff for our ski-building...,...but 'dank'do u really say this?-->iz german?! only 4 interest

gute n8!

Post by Guest »

oh man--->^^dEFcHILL
Biggie

Post by Biggie »

Grade 12 Slacker
Idris

Post by Idris »

I've been reading your site on and off for weeks, very cool. Here are a few pics that you may find entertaining.

My pictures from 04'
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

Idris wrote:I've been reading your site on and off for weeks, very cool. Here are a few pics that you may find entertaining.

My pictures from 04'
Idris: welcome! very nice photos. thanks for sharing. i plan to visit your area this coming January.
martin

Post by martin »

hey everyone. im a Jr in highschool, and ive probably been skiing for maybe 7 years... been on the same pair of skiis since i was a wee one (probably 12) and just cant seem to find any i really want to buy so this site has opened new doors for me. Im going into production with my friend(he snowboards but he'll tag along for the hell of it) and we're using my dads studio space. he's and interior designer/architect/furniture builder so we have all the tools we could possibally need. the problem at this point is figuring an initial budget for the mold and matterials for the first pair of skis. ive worked one out for the vacuume press, and just out of curiosity how much would the materials for a pretty decent pneumatic press cost (approximately)? also is there anyone living around the washington DC are who has one i could take a look at? thanks

martin
zack726

Post by zack726 »

I live in Carlsbad CA (Shawn (or is it Sean?) White's hometown) - It's jsut north of San Diego. I'm originally from Toronto CAnada and have been skiing since age 3. I'm currently 16 and a junior in High School and looking forward to breaking the speed barrier on my soon to be made skiis =P
Go to Heaven, ski like Hell
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

I am also a Junior in highschool just like many of you :) i ahve been on skis for only about 7years but I want to own my own set and not buy them
bushwood69

Post by bushwood69 »

Currently living outside of Boulder, CO. I spent a couple years skiing for CU's freestyle team when I should have been studying for my electrical engineering degree.

Currently I'm trying to finish up a house remodel after which I'll get started building skis for the upcomming season.

Lot's of great info here. Hopefully I'll learn some before I get myself into too much trouble!

-Nick
burny

Post by burny »

As there are so many mechanical engineers around here I absolutly have to contribute.
I'm from south Germany and currently studiing sociology, politics and international law, hope to work at the UN someday, hopefully as soon as possible.
Hope to finish my first ride soon ...