Protect The Skis!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Chris H

Protect The Skis!

Post by Chris H »

Hey everybody, I have some Line skis with a pretty messed up topsheet.... (but not bad enough to get replaced..... *kicks the dirt under his foot*)
I was wondering:
Does anybody have any methods to protect those "high impact" areas behind the bindings? (where the skis always clash together in the air)

I was thinking I could paint on some rubber cement or something, but dont want to ruin my skis just yet.......

Any suggestions?
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

switch to snowboarding ;)

no, no ideas, but its something to think about
i used to ski so i know exactly what you're talking about, edge of one ski slices up the other one while on lift, etc
Doug
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

..or ski on one ski... :)

How about applying some sort of clear tape, then peel away when they get too scratched? You can also try using a buffing wheel and some polishing paste to clean them up from time-to-time.
Nick's Sticks

Post by Nick's Sticks »

I fixed a pair of old K2s by injecting epoxy under the topsheet. They won't look pretty but it will slow down delam. As for skiing on one ski, I rode peak to base on one fatty. Now my left leg is twice the size of my right. Not as sexy as one might think.
"Powder days? Everyone loves powder days. You can ski powder days the rest of your life. I prefer ice, its faster." -Glen Plake