New member, long time reader

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Andrew

New member, long time reader

Post by Andrew »

First of all, English is not my primary langage and i'm not very good.

So, i finaly register as a member in this great forum after 2 years of looking and dreaming.

I just graduate in mechanical Enginering 6 month ago and i'm gonna buy a house soon with a garage so my ski building journey will begin (after painting and all the other little ting my wife will required to be done in the house).

I realize after many, many hours of reading almost all yours post how complexe is to build a ski and how much thing can mess up. And building your ride is not the econo way to have new ski. But skiing and telemark skiing is what i like the most. So if i can kill some summer time by building ski when there is no wind for kitesurfing, life will be better.

Trying some new concept and ride plank that i build is what motivate myself to spend many hours in my garage.

So i'll keep you informed and i will post a journal when this adventure will begin (not before mid may, lot of snow here this year)

I actually ride on Voile Insane 150-108-140 and love it. My first pair will probably something like 185 cm overall 160-130-150 with an early tip rise (40 cm) and a normal twin tip tail and 5-8mm camber . Yeap big fat ski is the way to go.

Andrew