Washington builders get together

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

Turns out the 2nd will be better for me. See you guys then. I can bring a grill and some hot dogs/sausages for grilling.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
Nick's Sticks

Post by Nick's Sticks »

I will try to make it this sunday but no guarantees. The 2nd is looking pretty good.
"Powder days? Everyone loves powder days. You can ski powder days the rest of your life. I prefer ice, its faster." -Glen Plake
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

I'll be up this weekend. I'll be drunk and smokin weed in line, and generally being obnoxious so you shouldn't miss me. Big dude with long hair on a homebuilt board. Prolly be wearing my black and red striped sessions. Always have a small black helmet on. I'm drunk right now and building so I prolly won't be up till the afternoon tomorrow, but I'll be there all day sunday, and definitely on the 2nd.
doughboyshredder

I was up on sunday. Wearing my red and black striped sessions softshell. Drunk as dded and jumping off everything. Being old is fun. Monday sucked.
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

Let's make this happen on the 2nd for sure! The snowboardseattle crew will be up there for their end of season BBQ, so come join the fun. I'm bringing a grill and food and there'll be plenty to go around. I'd love to sit and chat with you guys about building. I'll bring a few recent boards for show and tell, and maybe an in-progress core or two if anyone is interested.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
doughboyshredder

I'll be bringing a generator, waxing iron, wax, homemade onion dip (bunches of it), and Whiskey.

Oh, and a section of edge for bending by hand show and tell, if anyone is interested.

Mike, you have to show off your cores. Works of art.
kelvin
Site Admin

Post by kelvin »

Sweet. I'll be there. I'll be bringing some swag and excess material to give out. Hope to see you all there.

:D

-k
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

I'll be getting up there a little before 9am. I plan to ride for a little bit, then hang out in the lot looking for people. Hope to fire up the grill around noonish. We'll be in lot 4... look for the truck with a grill strapped to the top of it.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Me and Kevin bitched out because it looked to rainy up there :(

Then we decided it was going to be worse on Sunday so we didn't go then either.... and of course it turned out to be totally sunny that day.

We'll be up for a few runs tomorrow morning though, before it gets super crowded.
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

Yea, turnout was weak, both from sb.com and ss.com. Kelvin and I were the only ones from here... we had a good time chatting about building and whatnot. He brought up a whole bunch of extra material he was willing to pass out, and I brought up a groovy prototype core for show-and-tell. Too bad we missed you guys... always fun to chat with others about building.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Bummer. Next season hopefully we'll get a better day when conditions are better.

Today it was actually dumping at the top of alpy, with a few inches of new snow even! Wasn't the best snow ever, but it wasn't complete shit either! I only skied for a couple of hours, but it was great and the upper mountain was deserted!
doughboyshredder

I was busy being extremely hungover. Sunshine would have cured it. Rain made it worse.

Looking forward to next year.

Heard the prototype core was pretty nice.