New Here

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

kmdhart

New Here

Post by kmdhart »

Hey guys I'm new here but it is really interesting what you are doing. I'm thinking about building a ski press, but need to look more into what it'll cost me. Merry Christmas!
thefreshpimpofbigair

Post by thefreshpimpofbigair »

It'll cost you all your money, time, sleep and possibly girlfriend.

but other chicks might start thinking your cool :D
SEMPER LIBERTAS
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

There's lots of different ski presses in this forum and many ways to build them depending how extravagant you want to get and how much money you want to spend ($100's - $1,000's)

And yeah.... It can overtake your life. :D
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

presses can go ways more than 1,000$, trust me ! When you go with a pneumatic press, heated both sides, with some molds CNC machined... well that's a lot of money ! (especially if you have to have you mold ribs machined 3 times before having a descent result... but I've been particularly unlucky on this one !)
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

How much does it cost?

Way more than you expect. If you plan it out and figure that your costs will be 1k, they will be 3.
Greg

Post by Greg »

It's a little like asking the price of a lamborghini... if you gotta ask, you probably can't afford it. :D
But it is actually best to set your goals sort of vaguely (low cost, middle cost, high cost) and just always aim at that goal.

But it will consume your life, then your living space, and then people start referring to you as 'that dude who builds his own skis'.
Want skis Better, Cheaper, Faster and much much Cooler... build your own.