we are ready to start

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

baumannuli

we are ready to start

Post by baumannuli »

well it took a long time. started with this idea that i could press 2 boards with epoxy and in short i would have skis. (i build boats) then i found this site. WOW this was last Oct and now the car is packed with a 12' white ash board, fire hose, ETC ETC....i'm off to Morganton NC. thats where the planer, drill press, planer and air are and my good friend, Captain Lee. I read all winter and summer its now time to build. thank you all for all your posts and the education if any one wants to stay on the mt. road in Stowe VT give me a email.
8)
ski the east
vinman

Post by vinman »

When you get back to Stowe let me know I am within 15 min of there. I'm almost ready to build.

Press, bladder, cat track are done. I have a planer and band saw. Just need to get a compressor build a planer crib and molds as well as buy materials.

I'm building a 12 x 20 workshop at my house this coming month. After that is done I'm hoping to get a couple pair done before winter.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
vinman

Post by vinman »

When you get back to Stowe let me know I am within 15 min of there. I'm almost ready to build.

Press, bladder, cat track are done. I have a planer and band saw. Just need to get a compressor build a planer crib and molds as well as buy materials.

I'm building a 12 x 20 workshop at my house this coming month. After that is done I'm hoping to get a couple pair done before winter.
baumannuli

Post by baumannuli »

Vinman wrote:When you get back to Stowe let me know I am within 15 min of there. I'm almost ready to build.

i think i will be in stowe after labor day..i can't wait to ski perry merrel
ski the east
baumannuli

stowe

Post by baumannuli »

Vinman wrote:When you get back to Stowe let me know I am within 15 min of there. I'm almost ready to build.

looks like i'll be in stowe sunday pm got to ck on the house...i would like to ck on your build...if thats ok with you..
ski the east
vinman

Post by vinman »

Just bought a sweet 5.5 gal compressor at Lowes. I tested my bladder tonight. Bladder holds well needs 1 small leak fix. Some RTV silicone should fix it.

picked up some top bearing straight router bits for sidewall profiling for $8 each on Amazon.
Starting work on building my workshop this weeknd
baumannuli

all ready

Post by baumannuli »

sounds good...blader hold for 12 hrs?..nice price on the bits...
ski the east