Introduction

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mrad

Introduction

Post by mrad »

Hey all, I'm brand spankin new to this forum but I have to admit...I have been lurking for almost a year. This place is so full of great info and ideas that I was almost too overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin.

So, here's my story...
I live in the great state of Montana and have been toying around with the idea of building my own skis for about a year now (ever since I found this site). Well, as luck would have it, I started a conversation with a shop teacher at a high school I work at and he was interested in making skis too.

Long story short, we are starting up a ski building program at this school because 1) we think it would be cool to learn how to do this and have the facility to do it in and 2) we both know of a group of students who could benefit from getting involved in something productive.

As this starts to unfold, I will try to post pics, thoughts, and questions. Again, thank you all for sharing your progress, ideas, failures, and successes. I look forward to contributing in whatever way I can.

Cheers!
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

where you located?
mrad

Post by mrad »

Missoula.
You're in the Bozone, is that right?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

indeed.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

That's a great idea! Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

Bozone.... That's a new one, so I looked it up and found this, among other meanings:

http://www.bozemanbrewing.com/bozoneBeer.php

Any good?
carnold

Post by carnold »

We did a class a few years back when I worked out that SnoCAD could output dxf to our CNC. www.snobored.blogspot.com
A huge amount of work but well worthwhile. Chris
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

skidesmond wrote:That's a great idea! Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

Bozone.... That's a new one, so I looked it up and found this, among other meanings:

http://www.bozemanbrewing.com/bozoneBeer.php

Any good?
Yeah pretty good. Some is overhopped for me.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Not of fan of overly hoppy beer. It's like having a full meal in a beer. Should
you ever head East (western mass specifically) try

http://www.berkshirebrewingcompany.com/

Their BBC Steel Rail Extra Pale Ale is perfect. Too smooth for your own good. Had 2 Raspberry Barleywine Ale once, wow, excellent beer but arrange for transportation home.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

skidesmond wrote: Should
you ever head East (western mass specifically)
Jeepers I hope not. Just kidding, but not really I went to Highschool in western mass and unfortunately, I say pass on mass.

Except for the cape. P-towns my kinda place. no not really, but I guess I would also like western mass if that was the case.

ah jeebers now Ive done it.
mrad

Post by mrad »

Chris, we are just at the "let's see what kind of motivation and commitment exists" stage. Once we get into it, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you all then.

As far as beers brewed in the Bozeman area...I am pretty partial to Madison River's Copper John. I happen to have a soft place in my heart (stomach?) for scotch ales.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

MontuckyMadman wrote:
skidesmond wrote: Should
you ever head East (western mass specifically)
Jeepers I hope not. Just kidding, but not really I went to Highschool in western mass and unfortunately, I say pass on mass.

Except for the cape. P-towns my kinda place. no not really, but I guess I would also like western mass if that was the case.

ah jeebers now Ive done it.
:)
No problem. First time I heard the phrase Masshole I was in Ketchum/Sun Valley Idaho with a buddy who now lives there. You know one when you see one. Most live east of Worcester. :)