Awesome stuff that's not board building!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

EricW

Awesome stuff that's not board building!

Post by EricW »

My father-in-law gets a lot of lame gifts. Socks and crap. I figured I'd get him some kind of awesome but probably useless gift for his birthday. Unless he decides he likes shaving with a straight razor, it's just a decoration. But it's an awesome decoration.

My wife has 6 brothers and sisters. When they were all growing up they did a lot of tandem bike rides and tours. I found this on Ebay, purely by accident.

It came with a cheap plastic scales, which is the handle. I broke it off and got rid of that crap. I picked up a piece of lacewood at Woodcraft and made a new handle. I think it turned out really well. I decided to go with the smaller grain from the edge of the block considering the work is so small anyway. I may make another set just to see how it looks with larger grain though. I still have month left.

I love the look of lacewood so I'm going to try working it into the tops of my boards as a trademark design.

My son and me walking in the woods. Which is pretty damn awesome all by itself.

skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Very nice. I like lace wood as well. It will make a great looking ski/board. Enjoy the little guy, he'll be asking for the car keys before you know it.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Genius! And give him one of these lol http://www.yobeat.com/2010/12/07/sno-co ... -everyone/