introductions

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

strangesnowboarding

introductions

Post by strangesnowboarding »

hey everybody in internet land!
my name is tom, and i make nightmare snowboard decks

i figured it was about time to introduce myself, i have spent long enough lurking (almost 3 years), and things are actually getting underway as far as pressing boards and getting to ride them.

i have been making boards for two years now as funds allowed me, and in the last 3 months have the opportunity to step up my game a little. we moved into a 3300 sf warehouse in silverthorne colorado (probably less than an hour to 6 of the top 10 resorts in the US). and have a great group of guys helping me build and test all the decks.

we dont have a solid business plan, we all live month to month on scraps, but somehow we have the right tools and ambition to keep on going. on average we get to ride 150 days a year, and all of us have been disappointed with the quality and durability of the OEM produced snowboards. that was the major push to start making them for ourselves.

we have been working hard on and off the snow to create something that is fun, original and durable and are most of the way there.

we just started setting up a website for the company and are working through LLC and legal now so that we can sell boards in the next year or two.

we also have been operating a bog for the last couple years (not boardbuilding related for the most part but all snowboarding!)
you can access that and my flickr photo page through the main website
look for heavyshred

thats enough for now, i look forward to contributing more to this forum, it has helped me get to the point that we are at. Thanks everyone!

tom

nightmare