Boring

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skidesmond

Boring

Post by skidesmond »

Sorry to say, nothing exciting to report except that I got for the first time yesterday at our local hill. All man-made snow. It was a training day for new ski/snow board instructors.

The big storm we were hoping for in the North East went out to sea. In the mean time the west is getting pounded, send some our way!

Debating whether to mount the maple/pine build skis or give them away to the local hill for the 75th anniv. I'll check to see if they are still interested. I'd like to put them through their paces. :D

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab34 ... GP4152.jpg

Next up, GS racing skis.
OAC

Re: Boring

Post by OAC »

skidesmond wrote: The big storm we were hoping for in the North East went out to sea. In the mean time the west is getting pounded, send some our way!
It's always something! Isn't it? When you don't want snow, you get it. When you want snow it dumps somewhere else! Boring.

Are you known as the local ski builder? if no, I think you should mount them and ski them first.
Are you planning on take on racing again?
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Yeah, the wording is getting around about me and the ski building... I'm not signing autographs or anything like that ;)

No racing on these skis. They are on the soft side and have a huge side cut, around 11-12m. These were made for pure carving on groomers and hard pack. I'll touch base with the marketing director at the local hill and see what he thinks. Last was the 75th anniv of the mountain. This year is the 75th of memberships. If don't know if they have any hoopla/celebrations planned this year. If they do I'd like to see them in a raffle of some kind.