wow. Did we miss out?

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MontuckyMadman

wow. Did we miss out?

Post by MontuckyMadman »

sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

That article is almost a year and a half old! I never heard about that, that's awesome!
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Yeah interesting, using a university class to do your R&D, though long an accepted practice for large companies has always left me feeling a bit cold. Pharmaceutical companies have done this for years. I have two technologies that I really feel are game changers in ski/snowboards based on nano-particulate, however the possible ramifications of these particles being freed into the ecosystem without any proper study as to their long term effects on peoples health gives me cause for concern on the one that's the most promising...a base material that's 100 times "slipperier" than teflon. I am glad to see kids learning how to make skis though, that's killer! :)
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

I believe Leang is one of the founding father of this site. I had read another article about him looking at the possibilities of using nano carbon in ski building and incorporating ski building into his class room. Cool stuff.
OAC

Post by OAC »

Why is this happening now? This should be available 30 years ago (for me)! May be there are courses(ski building) for FOG's? :) But we know everything... ;)
There are similar courses in Sweden but non about ski building.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

this site is barely functioning.
It would be sweet if we could be previe to some results. Thats why I posted this I realize the article is very old. I feel abandoned for higher brow.
You never know what you will find when you blindly google "ski building"
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Abandoned?
strangesnowboarding

Post by strangesnowboarding »

students from Colorado Mountain College (local community college) have approached us already to do unpaid internships. in talking to the university we would have to provide workmans comp to get involved with any program like this. wouldnt be awesome to get a retrospective degree in ski/snowboard design and construction just because we have all put in the time? honorary PHD in gravitational dynamics of rad composites?
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

MontuckyMadman wrote:this site is barely functioning.
It would be sweet if we could be previe to some results. Thats why I posted this I realize the article is very old. I feel abandoned for higher brow.
You never know what you will find when you blindly google "ski building"
yes, abandoned.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Guess it's time "we" put on our thinking caps and get real inventive. I agree w/ MM, would be nice if we had some insights to what accomplishments were made or not made. One idea can spawn dozens of others....
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

some insights:

You know how these college classes go, lofty expectations and little results.