Skibuilding buddies in Boston?

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Bambi

Skibuilding buddies in Boston?

Post by Bambi »

Excellent site guys - I am sleepless at the prospect of building my own boards!
One thing that seems to be the most investment both in time and money is the press - consequently I would be very keen to team up with anyone in the Boston area who is also interested in building skis or who is already doing so. My ideal goal is to aim straight for a full pressureized & heated press if possible as it seems that this produces the most constent results.

Do get in touch if you are interrested.

B.
collin

Post by collin »

pm sent
------------------Take nothing I say as expert advice------------------
team08

Post by team08 »

I am in Wrentham and have told people in the area I can help out cut moulds and the like.
MLReed05

Post by MLReed05 »

team08 wrote:I am in Wrentham and have told people in the area I can help out cut moulds and the like.
I am out in western ma and looking for someone to cnc some cores. Is this something you would be able to help me out with? Prices?
team08

Post by team08 »

Well I dont want to compete with Lindsay from snowboard materials since he has been such a good source, but I also dont know if he does anything for skiiers. I could certainly give you a hand though if you want something really custom with custom profiles. Cost, I dont know at this point, depends on what you want. If you have the core block and want me to CNC it, it depends on how complex you want the shape. Let me know, I would be glad to at least give you a start.
MLReed05

Post by MLReed05 »

[quote="team08"]Well I dont want to compete with Lindsay from snowboard materials since he has been such a good source, but I also dont know if he does anything for skiiers. I could certainly give you a hand though if you want something really custom with custom profiles. Cost, I dont know at this point, depends on what you want. If you have the core block and want me to CNC it, it depends on how complex you want the shape. Let me know, I would be glad to at least give you a start.[/quo

If you get chance, please shoot me an email with your contact info. MLReed05@gmail.com
DEVO

Post by DEVO »

I am on the North Shore (Beverly) and would love to talk to someone in the Boston area about making a group effort in building some skis. I have only just started reading up on ski building but it has really got me thinking! My e-mail is jsarcione@hotmail.com. Thanks!

-Jeff
utahbob

up coming project

Post by utahbob »

Is there anybody in the Boston area/New England that is willing to host ski making? I live in Southern NH and is looking for a facility with tools and equipment to make some skis or snowboard over this upcoming summer, over a few weekends.

Thank you,

Bob