Epoxy protection

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

montezumean

Epoxy protection

Post by montezumean »

So I'm using super sap water based epoxy/hardner combo that works really well. Use a mask and goggles while mixing and pressing but afterwards my eyes bug the crap out of me. Seems like the next day it gets even worse. Manufacturer swears by god it causes no problems but that's not the case for me. Anybody else having this problem? Thx. jb
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I have no issues with it.

Do you have any plant allergies? Like say maybe to pine?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Its a certified no voc. It kicks off toxins when it heat cures but should be fine otherwise. Try a bit more ventilation in your workspace or a fan to circulate the air in your tiny shop?
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
Idris

Post by Idris »

Just checking, you are wearing gloves - stupid question I know, but I've seen it done.

Also mask - respirator style not white dust mask?

I suffer from hypersensitivity from too much resin exposure myself - a few drops anywhere on my hands and my fingers (on both hands) swell and blister like a radiation incident in a Hollywood movie - not nice, takes 3-4 weeks to recover- so take care.
More

Post by More »

Maybe you should look for a full face respirator instead of a half? It's money well spent if you're having reactions. They aren't that expensive here and we have to pay for everything in NZ pesos.