Critical Issue Research Project

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

JukeSnowboarding

Critical Issue Research Project

Post by JukeSnowboarding »

I have read through a lot of these threads relating to starting and maintaining a ski/snowboard business at the small scale.

While I have started to see the struggles of pursuing this dream/venture as the boards I make increase in quality and number, I would love to hear the thoughts of others or success/failures.

I am going to be using this information for a critical issue research project. I am a Entrepreneurial Studies and Marketing major at UMass and thought this topic would be great seeing how far the snow sports industry has come and where it is going.

Thanks,

Tim
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

1 dont quit your day job!

2 just keep chugging away at it

3 everyone you meet will have the best idea for you, most of which can be found in the laundry list of "bad ideas" listed on angrysnowboarder haha.

4 dont forget why you started this, keep skiing/snowboarding and dont let that get in the way of anything.
Doug
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

I second what Knightsofnii says.

It's like any other hobby that you decide to make into a business. If we got paid in compliments we'd all be doing well.

Are you at Umass Amherst? I'm about 35mins from UMass. Feel free to PM me. Glad to pass on all usefull and useless info. :D
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Woooooo! That question's a box of bees...if you want specifics you might put together a questionnaire. I can tell you one thing, I would never get involved again with anything less than 500k capital. Period.
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
JukeSnowboarding

Post by JukeSnowboarding »

Thanks I will create some questions on more specific things. I am still interviewing others in the industry and mountain operations.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Doable.

If you're happy working your ass off for a very small amount of income.