breckenridge?

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

rockaukum

breckenridge?

Post by rockaukum »

Hey, there is a chance that I'll get to head to Breck in a few weeks. Don't now the area at all but I'm looking to see if anyone can give ma an idea on where to get a deal on lift tickets, Good eat places, good drink (micro brews) and such?
Also, I want to take a day and do some touring if the conditions permit, so info on that would be great also!
Thanks much,
RA
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

RA - Sounds like you'll be in my neck of the woods. I can probably drive up on a weekend from Denver and show you some of the areas on Breck. I'm by no means an expert, but have skied there plenty. Send me a PM with dates.

Tickets - Usually the grocery stores around Denver (King Soopers, Safeway, City Market) have the cheapest tickets (but still expensive).

Downstairs at Erics is a decent place to grab some grub.

Microbrews - Breckenridge brewery is decent (and you can eat there as well). Try to find some Wynkoop or Oskar Blues if you're at the local liquore store.
artski

Post by artski »

Hey guys, I'll be in breck first week of feb. Any body going to be around?
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

Yeah, same as for RA above. Be happy to get out a day with another upper Midwesterner. Feel free to send a PM as you get closer.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

Feb 3,4,5 I'll be shredding Breck with my girlfriend, Angrysnowboarder, a couple other local friends. Hoping to meet a couple industry folks and board builders as the on-snow is also that week at winterpark. Gonna be busy but would love to spin some laps!!!
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

sorry just to be clear, my girlfriend and Angrysnowboarder are two different people ;)
Doug
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

here for one more day. thanks jekul for making the trip. light coverage here with light snow today. maybe an inch in town but hoping more on the hill. hope the big one comes for you guys!