Seattle/Eastside area get together for local builders?

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Great to meet you guys, and great to put some faces with some names (and some names to some usernames!)

You guys all make top-notch stuff!

Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I'm sorry I missed it. Honestly, I just completely spaced on it. I think I was doing yard work instead, and didn't remember until today. Pro move, I know.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

We talked about trying to get together twice a year - once in the summer to show off new builds or just BS about shop projects, then once (or more) in the winter to actually ski/ride.
holmtech

Post by holmtech »

I somehow fell off the response notification from this thread and missed the gathering. I figured it didn't come together.

If there's talk about getting together every 6 months would folks be interested in getting together in January?
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Absolutely! I ran into Don (Rym) at Alpy last Friday, but we didn't do any runs together. Would love to get together and ride (my preference would be Alpy, just because I'm selfish and that's my mountain :) )
holmtech

Post by holmtech »

I'm heading to Alpy tomorrow morning before work. It should be awesome this week. Weekends I usually go to Crystal as it handles the crowds better.

Boeing won't miss you before noon tomorrow will they?
RYM Experimentals

Post by RYM Experimentals »

I'm in for finding a time this month to get together, should we try and line up a day? My local spot is Alpy but Ill travel if others want to do it somewhere else.
www.rymexp.com
On the edge of control is a good place to be!
Bags

Post by Bags »

I'm game for meeting up this month and wouldn't mind meeting at Alpy. Ill be free most days after the 15th. If others can shake free of work I like going on weekdays to avoid the crowds...