Hello, just joined

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

chrislandy

Hello, just joined

Post by chrislandy »

Hi, As is the typical story I guess... I've been lurking around the forum for a few months and signed up recently so this is my first post.

To date I have not built any snowboards or snow ski's but I have built a few wakeboards (which is my main focus) there is a lot of crossover between our build materials and techniques so I was drawn to this forum.

My current setup is a vacuum bagged cassette with a hybrid press former i.e. no external pressure from a hose or alike but the cassette is pressed to form the rocker/camber etc... built into an oven. The oven is nearly finished now I should have the first board off the mould in a couple of weeks.

I'm wanting up up my game on the boards now with graphics in the top and base, integrated base materials for sliders/rails/ramps etc...

There's loads of info for me to trawl through on this place still so if I'm a little quiet and don't post much it's probably as I'm still reading!

Once I've got past my 2 posts I'll throw up some pictures.

Chris (in the UK)
chrislandy

Post by chrislandy »

OK, some photos of what I've been building

gozaimaas

Post by gozaimaas »

well you won't lose that board in a hurry will you haha
chrislandy

Post by chrislandy »

Unless it's upside down ;)

In case anyone is interested, it's 2.84kg (6.2lb) without bindings, 56" long, 16.5" wide and 1/4" core, full carbon (bi-ax, twill & plain woven) with carbon stringers & wrapped edges (is that capped construction in these circles?), the flex profile varies along the length so the tips have loads of flex and quick rebound with the middle section much stiffer with a progressive transition between.

This one is designed for the cable park i.e. sliders, kickers & ramps.
mammuth

Re: Hello, just joined

Post by mammuth »

chrislandy wrote:My current setup is a vacuum bagged cassette with a hybrid press former i.e. no external pressure from a hose or alike but the cassette is pressed to form the rocker/camber etc... built into an oven. The oven is nearly finished now I should have the first board off the mould in a couple of weeks.
The cassette/press/oven i would like to see, sounds interesting
Tom
momentskis

Post by momentskis »

Looks like a great board!
Akiwi

Post by Akiwi »

Very nice looking..
What are you using as a core?

My teenage boys are interested in building a wakeboard as they love going to the local parks here.. but always have to rent the gear.

Could you give any more construction details?
I am nobody. Nobody's perfect, so I must be perfect.