Its so silent

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mammuth

Its so silent

Post by mammuth »

Why is it getting more and more silent here?
Tom
falls

Post by falls »

The top 10 posters having a rest?

1. montuckymadman (2350 posts)
2. skidesmond (2283 posts)
3. twizzstyle 2198
4. falls 1436
5. doughboyshredder 1349
6. vinman 1301
7. chrismp 1256
8. knightsofnii 1147
9. Richuk 1145
10. OAC 945
(11. sammer 894)

Maybe everyone knows how to build skis now?
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Lol, true. I just wonder if people lost interest building skis (newbies), nobody new is approved to this forum or if everybody is somewhere else in the net.
Tom
fred

Post by fred »

Hi,

I'm in the process of building a pneumatic press (for the first time), so I'll most probably need some advice from you guys soon on various topics.

Glad to see that still some experts are around, I was about to get worried ;)
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Unfortunately I don't think new users are getting approved so we don't have any new blood. I personally wasn't able to log in for close to a year after having some problems with changing my email address. Every summer I keep saying I am going to bust out some new builds but work and play gets in the way. Most of my spare time if any comes in November and December so I hope to get some fresh sticks in the works.
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Yeah, i had also close to one year approval when i changed my email ... Its sad cause when i did find this forum and started building it was a huge inspiration and full of information... (It still is, but passive and lots of pics disappeared)
Tom
OAC

Post by OAC »

Fun to see that I'm still on the top 10 list! :D

As said, doing this for +10 years, I've more or less cemented my process the last 5 years. And the project that was only supposed to produce 1 pair(!) of skiable skis, has now grow to a bussiness. Therefore, in my case, not so much time. You never know what life has i store for you. :D

I've been in a lucky position, where I have had the posibility to invest i new and better materials and machinery. All the things I do now are produced faster an much easier than in the beginning. But I'm still using the same process as before.

I will update/upgrade my "vaccu master 3000" in a near future. It has served me well, but now it's time for a refresh! So I might put up a journal about it. I'm also rebuilding my shop so there's alot going on at OAC!
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

I have also got my builds dialed and I don't really plan on buying different equipment mostly due to the fact that I don't have the room for it and I don't want to turn it into a business. I don't want it to get in the way of skiing!

The forum is still the best source of current info as the main website is really outdated. I still read the forum all the time even if I don't have much to contribute. Let's keep it alive! It's just too bad that there aren't new builders joining the forum.
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

So, how can we solve the approval problem? Anybody in personal contact with the admins?
Tom
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

I don't know them personally but I did meet Kam when he used to live in Reno and he is super busy and I doubt he has much to do with the site anymore. Maybe the moderators could do account approvals? There still are moderators, aren't there?
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

We should definitely contact Kam and ask if it's possible that he nominates a few more moderators that still check in frequently and could approve new members.
OAC

Post by OAC »

I know "twizzstyle" took over some of the adminrole, but what I know he has been superbusy as well.
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Cool. Who would be able to help? I think its not that big of a job. Some approvals and from time to time spam rejects. Im admin of a fb group, so i can help. But not alone ;)

I think it would be good if we do a small list of admins in spe and then ask Kam/Twiz/... if they want our help

Lets make this forum alive again :)
Tom
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

Doughboy was talking about making a comeback a while go, I always appreciated his posts. Doughboy you there?????hahha
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

And where the hell all the Japanese builders? I know their out there. Lots of them! Communication breakdown maybe?