The Culling -- inactive user cleanup is coming March 2019

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Head Monkey

The Culling -- inactive user cleanup is coming March 2019

Post by Head Monkey »

To quote Kam from http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewt ... =14&t=5381:
We will be pruning the membership list since there are lots of spambots amongst the group. So, if you haven't logged-in in a long time AND also have not made a post, then you'll most likely be removed from the membership list. So, if you want to stay on, please at the very least log into your account. Signing back up won't be a problem if you get booted.
I plan to cleanup inactive users on Saturday, March 23rd, 2019. I will use the following algorithm:

* Anyone who has not logged in during the last two years...
* And who has never posted.

Thanks,

Mike
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
Head Monkey

Re: The Culling -- inactive user cleanup is coming March 2019

Post by Head Monkey »

The deed is done. All users who were last active before 2017/01/01 and who never posted are gone. The user count went from 3310 to 1738, so 52.5% of users survived the culling. I feel like I should do a few more so I can be full-on Thanos good.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
JSquare

Re: The Culling -- inactive user cleanup is coming March 2019

Post by JSquare »

Phew-- thanks for not purging me! Not sure how i made it through the culling!

Semi related, but should we maybe also then limit to what you can see what you log in? Maybe lock build journals, apres ski, and the classifieds to users only?

Wondering if this would help increase participation to the forum and force the lurkers to log in. Thinking about how to get our juju back and get the tech stuff out of facebook and back onto here where we can calmly talk about stuff, search things, and have longer/deeper conversations...