Ski Buliders in the UK or NZ

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

revolutionski

Ski Buliders in the UK or NZ

Post by revolutionski »

Hey guys,

I think it is awsome what you are doing. It must be so cool to ride skis that you designed & built. It is something I would definatly like to get into. I always like to be different.

I was just wondering in there is anyone in the UK or New Zealand that are doing the same sort of thing?

I am going to be in Wanaka for the summer & I would love to see how some hand built skis ride.

Cheers

Mitch
broskier

Post by broskier »

I have a friend down in New Zealand by the name of Alex Herbert who is currently building and selling skis. He is out of Christchurch and the skis are called Kingswood. I don't thinke he has a website or anything up yet but look into it when you get down there.
endre

Post by endre »

revolutionski

Post by revolutionski »

Cheers guys.

I have e-mailed them to see if they will be doing any demos. They look pretty sweet.

Bamboo cores & simple graphics. I'll let you know.
ross

Post by ross »

Hi, Me and a mate are starting to make skis in the UK. We are running a design project for school leavers at the University of Brimingham in July and once we have got the Uni to pay for the press we will be Skis for ourselves. Should have a set being used up at Milton Keynes by the end of June and a few out in Tigne in July. With any luck we will have a few good designs by the start of the season (as well as a few boards for me to play with)
revolutionski

Post by revolutionski »

ross. That sounds sweet.

It's always good when uni pays for stuff. I would like to see what you will come up with but I won't be in the country from July till October.

Will you still be im Birmingham in October? I am just an hour up the road in Warrington. I'd like to see how they ride. Maybe at the snowdome or something.

Take it easy & good luck.

Mitch