new ski blade help needed

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

zachjowi

new ski blade help needed

Post by zachjowi »

I need to find a nice pair of ski blades so that I can use them for teaching lessons with. I can get the k2 Fattys from a local store MC sports around $199. What are some things to look for in ski blades and what set is the best to get? around $200 and under please. I am 5'10", 160lbs, and have a 29.5 boot.

thanks
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

Does anyone know if I bought ski blades that had the non snap out bindings, can I change them to my regular alpine bindings that have a DIN setting and brakes?

thanks
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

Anyone? please. thanks
Skivolkl

Post by Skivolkl »

Where do you teach lessons?
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

Skivolkl wrote:Where do you teach lessons?
since you are from the area I am sure you have heard of it and/ or been to it. I teach at Sundown Mtn which is near Dubuque Iowa. I want to teach at Chestnut Galena but that is father away.

BTW Sundown has been closed ever since Dec 31st becuase of their snow melting :x I hope they open soon. I have heard that there is a place in madison called hoofers and they sell used ski equiptment
mattym

Post by mattym »

zachjowi,

yes, it is possible to put normal bindings on skiblades. The non-releasable ones were taken out of all rental shops ive worked at and replaced with ones with regular alpine bindings, so im not even sure if you can buy the non-releasables for liability reasons. The blades we had were mounted with regular salomon demo bindings.\

hope that helps
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

I ski Chestnut - heading there wed

I've been tempted to try blades - I always thought they hooked to regular ski boots with normal bindings.. but I am a newbie..