I need a Ski manufacture

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skiguy

I need a Ski manufacture

Post by skiguy »

I need to find a ski Manufacture

Does anyone have any suggestion on an experiences ski/snowboard manufacture that would manufacture custom skis to our specifications? The manufacture run would be less than 200 pairs. Of great importance to us is that the manufacture can meet a schedule and has proven experience.
skicore

Post by skicore »

Five Axis in California and Revolution in Odgen, Utah are factories that I believe do small runs. I'd try Revolution first.

Hope this helps.
NEngineer

Try Donek...

Post by NEngineer »

Try Donek. Donek.com
I believe he would do this but you would have to double check with Sean (Donek) of course.
They are well known in the alpine snowboard community for really bomber construction.
Idris

Post by Idris »

Which side of the Atlantic, what sort of construction, what sort of timescale.

Another USA based, but only if you need them for next winter might be PM gear, not sure , but might have spare capacity over the sumer.
skiguy

Post by skiguy »

Idris wrote:Which side of the Atlantic, what sort of construction, what sort of timescale.

Another USA based, but only if you need them for next winter might be PM gear, not sure , but might have spare capacity over the sumer.
Ideally we would like a very high-end all mountain ski. We would like a smaller handcrafted European or US Manufacture with a proven history of making skis. I would guess the construction would be sandwitch wood core with Carbon or titanal composite or something similar. The edges and base would be high-end products as well and the tops would be metal or wood veneer or a combination of both. Our end users of this product are older and more affluent so we have to match the skis to their expectations. We will need the skis by August of next season.

Thanks guys for the suggestions so far..
NEngineer

Post by NEngineer »

skiguy wrote:
Idris wrote:Which side of the Atlantic, what sort of construction, what sort of timescale.

Ideally we would like a very high-end all mountain ski. We would like a smaller handcrafted European or US Manufacture with a proven history of making skis. I would guess the construction would be sandwitch wood core with Carbon or titanal composite or something similar. The edges and base would be high-end products as well and the tops would be metal or wood veneer or a combination of both. Our end users of this product are older and more affluent so we have to match the skis to their expectations. We will need the skis by August of next season.

Thanks guys for the suggestions so far..
Definitely look up Donek. If he can't do it himself, he'll at least suggest someone else who can. BTW, he is known for his alpine snowboards but also builds skis. Custom top sheets and designs are also available.
Cadman

Ski companies

Post by Cadman »

I don't believe Revolution is building skis anymore.