Autocad 14 help

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

RoboGeek

Autocad 14 help

Post by RoboGeek »

Ok.. here's the story up till now..

Got a lovely profile in snocad. Saved it as a dxf file and opened it in autocad. Tried to follow the directions in the 2 other posts here about printing profiles, but none of those options exist in 14. No matter how I try to print, it only fills one page. I can't find any plot options and the help file is.. well.. no help.

So tried a few dxf viewers, and if they did anything besides blank pages, it was the same ol' 11 inch profile.

So... I go up to our local graphics shop to see if they can print it and all they get is a small sized profile too. Of course they are willing to make it fit the dimensions I need - for $100!

So.. anybody got a clue?

My next step is my bro in law who does it for a living.. but I'd sure like to know whats going wrong because I'd like to print out hundreds of profiles
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

ok.. just an update

ABViewer will take a dxf file right from snowcad and convert it to the right dimensions with no brains needed. Its prints perfect to my HP4 Laserjet.

This may be the no-brainer solution for those who would rather not mess with learning CAD programs

Only downfall is it costs $99.. but you have a free trial length.. so I'm going to cram as many profiles as possible into the time limit!!!
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.