BLIZZARD!!

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

RoboGeek

BLIZZARD!!

Post by RoboGeek »

If I only had a big kite, I'd be having all kinds of fun right now. Winds are a steady 36 with gusts to 48 or so.. about 6" of fresh snow, and there are miles of flat cornfields all around me! Wonder if the wife will miss a few blankets.. =)
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
endre

Post by endre »

I thaught you were going to talk about the new titan pro..
Chicagoskier11

Post by Chicagoskier11 »

I think im experiencing the same weather just north of downtown here. I was running across the street before the light changed and with the snow on the ground i ended up in the middle of the intersection as i crossed. I also found myself wishing for a big kite although a towel would probably work today it is so windy. Everyone around here is griping about it but i find it kinda fun, especially since it warmed up to 27ish today, up from the single digits of last week.
hafte

Post by hafte »

Guy's, if you get 15-25 MPH winds and a snow you would be all set for some great fun with a kite (30+mph wind would be scary). A freind of mine just got a crisp in great shape '05 14 meter Best Nemisis for $150.00 off ebay. Sweet deal for a $1000.00 kite.

It's amazing how much fun you can have on flat ground and a little wind. You can get into lots of trouble too.

www.kiteforum.com Check out the land and snow kiting stuff.

Hafte

P.S. home built ski would kick ass at kite skiing. I just haven't had a chance to try mine out yet.