graphic ideas

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Which do you prefer?

Crazy graphics
21%
Mello graphics
64%
or Funny sayings
14%

Total votes: 14

heelside76

graphic ideas

Post by heelside76 »

Does anyone out there have any cool graphic ideas that i could use? U can also post your own ski/board grahic ideas. I saw on hear somewhere something that would make a great graphic, it said *NOT MADE IN CHINA*. In my own personal opinion, these are the greatest graphics. Again feel free to post your own.
Next Project~162 Race Board
SCHÜSS

Post by SCHÜSS »

Well i very much apreciacte all the other styles but for skis i much like factory styles.

For my Gamma SL project which is very much nearing completion, we are having a natural topsheet with just the natural carbon fibre showing through which should look great.

Depending on the sucess of this project i will order a sublimated topsheet with my own graphics for next time.

If i was to do it for this current project, i think it would look something like this:

What do you think?

schuss
SCHÜSS 2011
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

very professional looking graphics shuss!

For my graphics and skis I usually like to have some sort of background story to them. The idea behind a graphic usually dictates as to whether I want them to be crazy, mellow, or funny. But in the end I usually prefer simplicity over crazy, seizure inducing images. Right now I'm kind on the whole natural wood thing.
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

I've got a guy who can do way cool artwork anyway you want it - for a good price too
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
Svimen

Ski designs

Post by Svimen »

I´ve posted a few designs I did over at TGR, waiting for Praxis skis to get their designs ready after ordering a pair for next season. Think some of them came out pretty good.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... 720&page=3

Svimen
(aka SiSt)

Really cool factory graphics Schüss! Looks fast...
plywood

Re: Ski designs

Post by plywood »

sweet grafics svimen! also a very interesting shape of the skis. some kind of inverse camber and straight/inverse sidecut?
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
Svimen

Re: Ski designs

Post by Svimen »

Yup. The skis are reverse-reverse. See www.praxisskis.com for more info. Looking forward to testing them next season...

There are several more designs posted on the following pages of the thread btw.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I prefer the "home-made", ghetto look. Lately, I have been experimenting with different colors of spray paint, and it works pretty well. Plus, when you get bored with the skis, you can just re-paint them and you have a "brand new" pair of boards.

But ussually, I am too excited about skiing a pair of boards to even have time to think about making some sort of fancy graphics. And, I would rather spend time making the ski good-riding and durable, than flashy.

Plus, when they look like garbage, it makes people on mass produced skis that much more angry when they can't keep up with you.
SCHÜSS

Post by SCHÜSS »

Speaking of graphics, here are the new 2008 elan SLX racing skis. "woah" was my first impression. Like i personallly think thats something different.

schuss

SCHÜSS 2011