storages of ski gear

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

zachjowi

storages of ski gear

Post by zachjowi »

After being a ski instructor at Sundown Mtn they are finally closed for the season. How should I store my Atomic Izor 9:7m skis, my k2 Fatty skiblades, and my Lange boots?

thanks
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

wipe them clean to remove dirt and moisture. i used to also put a layer of wax on the base for protection over the summer. in addition, with my alpine skis i used to back down the DIN adjustment to relieve tension on the spring (but don't forget to re-adjust the DIN setting when the snow flies; i used to put a note on my skis so that i would remember.). if you're worried about loss of camber, then avoid clamping the skis together. also, store the skis in a dry, clean, and relatively mild-temp room, like inside your house. wrap them up to keep dust off, too.
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

bigKam wrote:wipe them clean to remove dirt and moisture. i used to also put a layer of wax on the base for protection over the summer. in addition, with my alpine skis i used to back down the DIN adjustment to relieve tension on the spring (but don't forget to re-adjust the DIN setting when the snow flies; i used to put a note on my skis so that i would remember.). if you're worried about loss of camber, then avoid clamping the skis together. also, store the skis in a dry, clean, and relatively mild-temp room, like inside your house. wrap them up to keep dust off, too.
does it matter if they are stored vertical or horizontal?
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

best vertical.