Make Magazine, Volume 10

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bigKam
Site Admin

Make Magazine, Volume 10

Post by bigKam »

Kelvin, Little Kam and I are excited to announce SkiBuilders.com's recent appearance in Make Magazine (www.makezine.com), Vol. 10, pp. 30 - 32. Earlier this year (Dec. 2006), Jason Verlinde, a writer for Make, contacted us about doing an article. We corresponded with him and then in Jan., Kelvin and I invited Jason to our Seattle shop to build a pair of skis. Here's a glimpse of the article:

http://www.skibuilders.com/gallery/expo ... 2007.shtml

For those who are not familiar with Make, it's a fun magazine filled with countless DIY projects from around the country. It's very addicting, to say the least.

Kelvin, Little Kam and I are very grateful for being featured in Make!
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

pretty cool.. I've seen it before but never really checked it out. If it has this place in it - thats gotta be good readin'!
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
Chicagoskier11

podcast

Post by Chicagoskier11 »

I subscribe to the make magazine podcast (free). It has some really interesting stuff but some of the electronic/electrical stuff goes over my head. The guy hosting the poscast is a real dork but it just makes it more fun. The one i watched last night gave directions for turning an old computer mouse in to a junkbot (here you go robogeek...probably too easy for you though) that follows light through two sensors and roams around. When in action it actually looks like a rodent scurrying around. Looks fun and i might try it out if the conversion kit is not too expensive.