ski building regrets... nope

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Chicagoskier11

ski building regrets... nope

Post by Chicagoskier11 »

So the last couple of days I have been getting kinda of bummed out. You see, I have been biking and running along the wonderful lakefront path in Chicago and looking out at all the boats. Last summer I was extremely close to buying a stand up jetski (parents live on a lake in michigan and then there is lake michigan in chicago) but my mom refused to let me store it in the garage for the winter. So instead I took that money and went on my ski building adventure. I had been regretting not getting that jetski until I came on the site, which I havent been to for a while. Although the jetski would have held its value and i could have gotten my $1000 back, I decided I did make the right decision after all. I can't wait until summer classes are over and I can resume my building. I have some maple waiting (although this pine idea intrigues me since I have clear base material and think the knots are a nice touch) to be cut and everything else beside the topsheet waiting to be turned into my third pair. I think I have many things refined so this pair will perform, hold up, and look far superior than the first two.

If she only knew how much more space ski building would take up she probably would have begged for me to buy that jetski.

long live ski building... yes, even in the summer so thanks for the inspiration that site continues to bring and enjoy any other summer projects you all have.