Looking for Fellow Builders in the Wasatch Area

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

kydan

Looking for Fellow Builders in the Wasatch Area

Post by kydan »

Hi everyone,

I have been browsing this site for the past 4-5 months or so and would love to get into the scene. However, I want to get some hands on experience and some real life conversation about how this whole process works to see if I am cut out for it. I would love to work with another builder here in Utah, pref in the Utah County/Salt Lake County area. I would love to build a pair of my own skis with one of you before I leave this January for my 2 year mission, and then get right into ski building when I return. Anyone who would be willing to "mentor" me for a few months, help me get my mind around this whole process, please let me know! I am out of the country until the beginning of August, but then I will be back in Utah and ready to start learning!

P.S. I am a member of the Serac Club, a mountaineering club based out of Provo, I would love to hook up with any of you who are SkiBuilders and members! I havent done much with the club yet, since I joined at the end of the ski season and then moved out of the country, but I need to start meeting a few more of you! Please email me at kydan2002 at gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Kydan
kydan

Post by kydan »

I suppose no one is going to take me up on this? I hope I made it clear that I would just like to build a pair of skis, but that is definitely not what I am asking for, merely just being able to look around at a shop in real life and talk to get a better feel for the process etc.

Regards,

Kydan
hafte

Post by hafte »

kydan, I don't know if anyone has PM'd you about this, but I've let it sit cause there are a couple of folks closer and thought they might answer.

I'm not going to start anything up for skis until Sept. when it starts to cool off a bit and I have some other house projects in the works at the moment.

Your welcome to come up and have a look around at what I have going and see what kind of tools and things I have set up for ski building. I just bought a digi camera and will soon be taking some pictures too.

Give me a PM in sept when your ready

Hafte
*ARMADA*

Post by *ARMADA* »

Im going to U of U starting this fall but all of my ski building stuff will remain in New York unfortunately.
J I B T H E S H I T
kydan

Post by kydan »

Thanks very much for the replies guys. I just might have to take you up on that hafte.