Australia

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bigKam
Site Admin

Australia

Post by bigKam »

i will be in Australia (New Castle area) for one month: end of July to August. yes, i'll bring a pair of skis. i plan to hop over to New Zealand for coffee. good chance i can meet up with builders for a few turns.
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

umm.. need a porter?? Image

As long as your not going for the sheep.... ;)

HAVE FUN!!
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
plywood

Post by plywood »

hey guys! i`m in NZ from the 9th of july to the 18. of august. basically south island around christchurch, canterbury region and clubfields.

so what/when did you plan to switch the island kam? i`d be more than interested in joining you for a few turns! so...if your stopover would be on our way around the island we`d join you for sure - me and my girlfriend and 2 pairs of homebuilts :D
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

plywood: south island sounds good. i haven't firmed up my plans yet, but it looks like i might be in the christchurch area. let's meet up if i'm nearby. i'll let you know soon...
plywood

Post by plywood »

check out the offers from chill: http://www.chillout.co.nz/home.asp
they offer some multi day passes for several clubfields around christchurch. if you stay a little longer they are sort of cheap. they also rent you nutcracker and harness for the rope tows, just contact them.

and for hiring a car: http://www.a2brentals.co.nz/ check their rates for the bronze vehicles - i didn`t find anything cheaper than that.

just in case you needed some more informations to convince you to come to the south island ;)
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

i will be in Newcastle, Australia between July 26 to August 26. i plan to also hop over to Wanaka, NZ to ski on August 9-13. if anyone wants to meet up for a few turns or coffee, shoot me an email or PM.