The Bear

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

odin

Post by odin »

Been putting videos on youtube here; http://www.youtube.com/user/WednesdayMFG

I would put them up on here if someone tells me how.

MC
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

Hello

Can you tell me what material are you using to cover the table?? and how you will cut wood core with vaccumm or even bases....???

if i see that working there must be a new reposition of the vacum no??

becasue if you are doing some diecut the VC will stop taking efect, right?
odin

Post by odin »

Hugo from what I can tell from the video and pictures in your thread your system is very similar to what we finalized today. Wis I would have seen it last week.

Posted some videos of the table clamping down some Baltic Birch and Base material/tip fill........

http://www.youtube.com/user/WednesdayMF ... _ppojgSE-k

Will be getting some better cut test videos in the next few days. Also on the youtube channel are some vids of the Bear thickness profiling Kiteboard Cores. 18" x 52" 5.8mm thick in the mid and down to 2mm at the tips. It took less than 30 seconds per pass at 18" wide it took 17 minuets to profile the core. I have the feed rate set at 180 inches per minuet which I feel may still be a conservative speed. I will up it to 250 ipm on a batch of snowboard cores later this week.

Jon Olson email or PM me please.

Mike
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

our eastman machine uses a sacrificial super smooth Purex brand table top material, like an air hockey table, over the existing Masonite with holes in it.
Its not too expensive, you can't order it direct from the company that makes the purex you have to order from eastman or another cnc machine company.
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

hello

can you provide the brand name???

Best regards
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Hu is your Q for me?
MontuckyMadman wrote:our eastman machine uses a sacrificial super smooth Purex brand table top material, like an air hockey table, over the existing Masonite with holes in it.
Its not too expensive, you can't order it direct from the company that makes the purex you have to order from eastman or another cnc machine company.
Eastman machine and Purex table top.
http://www.eastmancuts.com/Default.aspx

I'm sure there is a Euro vacuum table mfc. or eastman has a distributor.
odin

Post by odin »

Just got our first website posted to the net this morning. www.wedmfg.com

There are seperate pages for our different product lines. We have designs in development to add to the Bear Equipment page including a Vacuum Press Table, Presses, Molds, and more.

Our snowboard models and new construction ideas are being prototyped and tested this winter for a 2010/2011 relase.

There will be a balance board released this spring. It is slated to have rocker and concave (like a spoon) and feature the same deck construction as our longboards including the decorative veneer top skins.

We have expanded our Longboard line with two street style shapes. The new 38" shape is used for both the Cruiser and Noserider molds.The 43" shape is only available in the Cruiser mold. Also there are more choices of decorative veneer patterns this year.

Hope y'all like the site, and invite your thoughts.

MC