dyesub press retrofit

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

Hugo, sorry that was for strange, but it looks like he's already been told about both those things, yea i'm good at proofreading ;)
Doug
strangesnowboarding

Post by strangesnowboarding »

hey guys!
bringin the thread out of the depths of the forum, i haven't been on in a while.

hugo, i got the silicone from DSP (http://diversifiedsilicone.thomasnet.co ... ?forward=1) they have many different sizes and options there.

nii, that is a 4880 printer, we got it from novachrome (look em up) they sell printers and sublimation supplies (and are the closest retailer for sawgrass dyes) our only problem came with printing full snowboards, you have to make sure your driver (or pdf reader) is set up to spool the size of file you are printing. it took 10 prints for us to find this tiny option that was making our lives hell. that pearl from iso is so awesome, i wish we could have like 70m of each of their products.... maybe in the future.

in other news, the press has been slowly approaching perfect results every time. we just got an infrared thermometer so that we can check the heat over the whole surface of the plate, i feel that cool spots have been contributing to some of the problems that we are having. we have changed our times and temps around a little, we are running at 380-400 for just under one minute, with no teflon sheet in between the transfer paper and the heat plate.
more and more graphics keep rolling in so i am just trying to keep up with that and get them all on snowboards. our goal is somewhere around 75 decks this summer!
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

:D