silicone blankets (china direct)

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

olie25

silicone blankets (china direct)

Post by olie25 »

has anyone tried going china direct for heat blankets, i have a feeling that lots of the stuff available in north america is just chines mat cut to size with leads attached. anyone that thinks or know this to be a bad idea please say so, if not ill throw out an email and get some pricing.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/silicon ... nkets.html
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

I just got an email back from one of these companys. they quoted me $140 a blanket, but they have a minimum order of 10 pieces. I already have a set from MEI, but thought id check into it for future purchases. I paid $275 each from MEI. but considering Jim from MEI is super nice, they have a great reputation and he speaks english, the extra money is worth it.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

China direct?

Might as well just have your skis built there also.
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

doughboyshredder wrote:China direct?

Might as well just have your skis built there also.
Amen!
olie25

Post by olie25 »

ya i know your right doughboy the only reason i really went looking is because the one and only time i delt with mei it wasn't the best experience. one blanket ended up costing me 420 bucks by the time it got to canada, a lot steeper that others seem to be paying and it took 8 weeks. i understand that small orders are not always priority but 8 weeks and a huge bill didn't rub me the right way. any other american companies worth working with??
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

I'll make you any kind of blanket you want, controllers too!
olie25

Post by olie25 »

done. i would love to support someone here.

i need.
15" x 68" 240 Volt 3000 Watts 12.5 Amps.
84" Silicone Leads w/Tab (exits out the 15" side)

Pm me about payment and lead times!
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

troublemaker wrote:I'll make you any kind of blanket you want, controllers too!
I don't need one just yet.... hopefully soon. PM on its way
mattman

Post by mattman »

Any standard pricing you could post would be great to know. We are going to be getting new blankets soon too.
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

olie25 wrote:done. i would love to support someone here.

i need.
15" x 68" 240 Volt 3000 Watts 12.5 Amps.
84" Silicone Leads w/Tab (exits out the 15" side)

Pm me about payment and lead times!
Question... Do you really need a 3000 watt blanket? The ones I normally build are 1400 watt 120VAC, they don't pull much current. Out of the press they get to 200*f no problem, in the press 250*f. I cure my skis at 180*f. Also what kind of 240 do you have single phase or two phase?
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

edit
Last edited by troublemaker on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olie25

Post by olie25 »

i have been thinking about that a lot lately i have limited 240 receptacles in the shop and im not sure if i need the press blankets to be 240, im assuming it will take a little longer to get the board up to temp, also i just ordered some new pid and i got 25A SSR's for it will those still work? of would i have to go to smaller ones. building my first set up was a nightmare im not the best with this kind of stuff i managed to get er done after multiple schematics and attempts. My first blanket is a little worked and at 150 a pop im down to get 2 new ones but if im already running a 240 set up is it a stupid idea to go down to 120.....thoughts ????
Toddh77

Post by Toddh77 »

Troubemaker, I really need heat blankets. I'd order them next week if you'd be willing to make me some. Sent pm with my contact info.
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

Toddh77 wrote:Troubemaker, I really need heat blankets. I'd order them next week if you'd be willing to make me some. Sent pm with my contact info.
PM sent
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

[quote="olie25"]i have been thinking about that a lot lately i have limited 240 receptacles in the shop and im not sure if i need the press blankets to be 240, im assuming it will take a little longer to get the board up to temp, also i just ordered some new pid and i got 25A SSR's for it will those still work? of would i have to go to smaller ones. building my first set up was a nightmare im not the best with this kind of stuff i managed to get er done after multiple schematics and attempts. My first blanket is a little worked and at 150 a pop im down to get 2 new ones but if im already running a 240 set up is it a stupid idea to go down to 120.....thoughts ????[/quote

PM Sent